Slice of Life-Kim
Summer is a time for relaxation and rejuvenation.  A chance for life to slow down a bit, a time to stop and smell the literal roses.  For me, it is a time of reflection.  Reflecting on my teaching practices and a time to learn about how to be better.  Not just a better teacher, but a better me.  My schedule is currently filled with classes and papers.  Learning about writing, how to teach it better and how to begin to be a writer myself.  Through the business of it all, I realize this is how I stop to smell the roses.  I have set aside my time at the beach and I am looking forward to my feet in the sand.  But my learning refreshes me and prepares me to be a better me.  The rose smells sweet.

Comments

  1. So far my summer has not been one of relaxation at all. When school dismissed for summer, I had one day before my classes began. I am taking classes for the first time in twenty years. I am learning so many new things that I can bring to my classroom next year. This summer is proving to be most challenging and I am looking forward to the two short weeks I have carved out to spend at the beach just before school begins again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the beach proves to provide rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog